Scouring the Internet for a travel insurance provider? Chances are, you’ve come across AIG Travel Insurance or AIG Travel Guard® (formerly known as Chartis Insurance), which offers flexible, reliable and thorough coverage for a wide range of needs and preferences.
Why You Should Consider AIG Travel Guard®?
Firstly, it’s an international reliable brand that offers probably the most comprehensive travel insurance coverage in Singapore. AIG Travel Insurance in Singapore is known for its generous medical coverage – its premiums cover medical expenses incurred overseas (ranging from $75,000 to $2 million), post-trip medical expenses incurred in Singapore (ranging from $1,000 to $50,000). Furthermore, it is one of the few insurers to offer coverage for pregnancy-related illnesses incurred overseas.
AIG is also particularly generous in its personal baggage claims, for items such as laptops, which are misplaced or stolen overseas.
What are the Premiums like?
AIG’s premiums, however, are generally higher than other companies’, owing to their extensive coverage policy. Rates begin at S$26 (for a bare minimum plan, to a Zone 1 country), and a premier plan in a Zone 3 country can cost S$250. Get the right travel insurance cover for yourself and your family, Get a Quote NOW!
7 Things You Should Know about AIG Travel Guard®
- Pays from the first dollar
- Covers leisure amateur sports
- Reimburses emergency telephone charges incurred overseas
- Policy automatic extended for 30 days without additional charges if you are hospitalised or quarantined
- No minimum or maximum age
- “Family” packages for 1 or 2 adults travelling with children (children must be legally related to either adult)
- Excludes travel in, to, or through Afghanistan, Cuba, Congo, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Sudan and Syria
Additional 5 Points Why You Want to Buy AIG Travel Insurance
- Provides unlimited emergency medical evacuation and repatriation cover for Superior and premier plans (unlike other insurers there is a cap)
- Trip cancellation benefits starts 60 days prior to departure (same other insurers start from 30 days prior to departure)
- Reimburse you for loss of use of entertainment tickets and frequent flyer points if not used due to certain specific events
- Unlike same insurers who outsource to offshore, AIG has a dedicated full-time employed experienced and trained assistance team – customer service, medical doctors and nurses on standby 24/7
- AIG is the only official insurer partner of National Association of Travel Agents Singapore (NATAS)
Related Posts on Travel Insurance
- ACE Travel Insurance
ACE Travel Insurance is affordable with a basic plan starting from $8. But you need to pick the right plan that suits your travel style. Find out what are the additional 10 benefits offered by the supreme packages.
- Tenet Travel Insurance
Tenet Travel Insurance offers comprehensive coverage for all with no age limit. During Tenet TravelJoy promotion, discount on single trip plan is up to 45%. Make travel insurance your perfect companion for an enjoyable trip.
- Travel Insurance Plan Reviewed
After spending so much time researching on travel insurance in Singapore, I decided to share my reviews on Singapore’s travel insurance and tips on how to claim travel insurance successfully.
- How to pick the Right Travel Insurance
To travel worry-free, you will want to be covered by travel insurance. Singapore-based insurance companies, e.g. NTUC travel insurance offers easy-to-activate insurance coverage for your overseas holiday trip.