Scouring the Internet for a travel insurance provider? Chances are, you’ve come across AIG Travel Insurance or AIG Travel Guard®, which offers flexible, reliable and thorough coverage for a wide range of needs and preferences.
Why You Should Consider AIG Travel Guard®?
Firstly, it’s an international reliable and trusted brand that offers probably the most comprehensive travel insurance coverage in Singapore. AIG Travel Insurance in Singapore is known for its generous medical coverage – its premiums cover medical expenses incurred overseas (ranging from $200,000 to $2.5 million), post-trip medical expenses incurred in Singapore for an injury sustained while in Overseas (ranging from $10,000 to $50,000). Furthermore, it is one of the few insurers to offer coverage for direct repatriation due to a pre-existing medical condition and loss of sporting equipment.
AIG is also particularly generous in its personal baggage claims, for items such as laptop computers and jewelry, which are misplaced or stolen overseas, can be reimbursed up to $1,000 each.
What are the Premiums like?
AIG’s premiums, however, are generally higher than other companies’, owing to their extensive coverage policy. Rates begin at S$26 (for a Classic plan, to a Zone 1 country), and a Premier plan in a Zone 3 country can cost S$265. To get the best Singapore’s travel protection, get the right travel insurance cover for yourself and your family, Get a Quote NOW!
7 Things You Should Know about AIG Travel Guard®
- All travel insurance plans come with Travel Assistance Services including Lost Passport Assistance, Pre-trip Visa Information
- Covers leisure amateur sports
- Reimburses emergency telephone charges incurred overseas
- Policy automatic extended for 30 days without additional charges if you are hospitalised or quarantined
- No minimum or maximum age
- “Family” packages for 1 or 2 adults travelling with children (children must be legally related to either adult)
- Excludes travel in, to, or through Afghanistan, Cuba, Congo, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Sudan and Syria
Additional 5 Points Why You Want to Buy AIG Travel Insurance
- Provides unlimited emergency medical evacuation and repatriation cover for Superior and Premier plans (unlike some insurers there is a cap)
- Trip cancellation benefits starts 60 days prior to departure (other insurers start from 30 days prior to departure)
- Reimburse you for loss of use of entertainment tickets and frequent flyer points if not used due to certain specific events
- Unlike some insurers who outsource to offshore, AIG has a dedicated full-time employed experienced and trained assistance team – customer service, medical doctors and nurses on standby 24/7
- AIG is the only official insurer partner of National Association of Travel Agents Singapore (NATAS) and has been voted as Top Travel Insurance Company in Singapore by Weekender readers in year 2015, 2016, 2017