From clothes to accessories to IT products, the Platinum Mall Bangkok has just about everything for everyone at very affordable prices. For those who plan to visit Bangkok for a retail therapy with a limited budget, shopping at Platinum Mall must be included into the itinerary. The next thing is to look for hotels near Platinum Mall Bangkok that provide good services and affordable. With so many hotels of different classes and luxury to choose from, you are never more than a stone’s throw away from the Platinum Mall Bangkok.
Hotels near Platinum Mall
These are a few selected hotels near Platinum Mall that are very popular among tourists. Read their reviews on these hotels about what they like and dislike:
- Centara Grand at Central World Hotel (5-star)
- Amari Watergate Hotel (5-star)
- Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel (4-star)
- Grand Diamond Suites Hotel (4-Star)
- Aphrodite Inn Hotel (3-star)
Some of these hotels like the Aphrodite offer rooms at budget prices which makes those who have come exclusively for shopping in Bangkok better placed to take the double advantage of the cheap room rates and bargain discount when shopping at Platinum Mall.
Platinum Mall Shopping Tips
At Platinum Mall, the clothes are cheaper and the range of accessories and the availability of everything from the latest fashion designed tops to the lingerie makes shopping a real delight. Even the latest computer accessories can be found there. Apart from clothes, you can also get shoes and belts at good prices. What more! There is a food court on level 5 which is a gourmet’s paradise. If you want to try authentic Thai cuisine or even international gastronomic delights, do drop by the food court for an sumptuous meal, get re-charged and shop again!
Here’s some Platinum Mall shopping tips you may want to take note:
1) Visit the place near the end of the month or during the discount season that usually is around the Chinese New Year where you can get bargain sales.
2) No trying of clothes; No exchange if the size is not right; Non-refundable.
3) Buy in bulk (three pieces or more) in order to ask for better price. Discounts can be as much as 40%. If you know how to bargain well and when you buy in bulk, this 5-storey Platinum Mall is the place for you to shop till you drop.
4) Eat at the food court at level 5 to save time. Variety of exotic food at very reasonable prices include fish maw at 80B, sharks fin at 160B and bird nest at 50B.
5) Book into a hotel near Platinum Mall so that you can save time on transport.
Platinum Mall Opening Hours
The Platinum Mall opening hours are from 9am till midnight daily. However, some shops open a bit later than the others. You need to remember that since there are many stores of different types, it is better to walk in after 10am in the morning.
How To Get There
The nearest train stations are Ratchathewi and Chidlom BTS Skytrain that require 10-mins walk to Platinum Mall. As Platinum Mall Bangkok location is known for its accessibility from the hotels mentioned above, it has evolved into a must visit shopping and tourist attraction in Bangkok.