To travel worry-free, it is best to buy a travel insurance before you hop onto a plane. But sourcing for an affordable policy can be time consuming especially when you need to compare the benefit limits of each travel insurance. Singapore has many travel insurance plans, thus this makes the comparison even more tedious.
3 Factors to Decide on the Best Travel Insurance Plan
So, I always adhere to the following three principles to decide the best insurance for my travel plans:
1) Destinations that are expensive, thus, medical costs is deemed to be expensive too when I require any medical assistance there. A good example will be Japan and USA.
2) Destinations that I am likely to be involved in some active activities like hiking, white-water rafting and etc, having a travel insurance plan will definitely help to ease some unnecessary worries.
3) Destinations that are highly probable of losing or delaying baggage or theft, a travel insurance that compensates for losing of personal belongings definitely helps to melt off some annoyance when such nasty thing happens.
Travel Insurance Companies in Singapore
When it is decided that I need a travel insurance plan, to maximize every dollar, I will do what most travellers would do – google for the cheapest travel insurance deals online and compare to decide the one best suits my needs. Here’s a list of reputable and popular travel insurance companies in Singapore:
- AIG Travel Guard
- AVIVA Travel Insurance
- AXA Travel Insurance
- Chubb Travel Pro
- Direct Asia Insurance
- MSIG Travel Insurance
- NTUC Income Travel Insurance
- Sompo TravelJoy fka Tenet Travel Insurance
When picking the right travel insurance for myself, I pay more attention on the benefits coverage/limits on flight delay, trip postponement, trip cancellation, as these are most likely reasons to make a claim.